January 6, 2022
The search for the next superintendent of Millersburg is off and running. We have secured the services of TEMPLETON Advantage, LLC to facilitate the process, and we have begun promoting the position. Below is the job posting.
Located in a beautiful rural setting within 30 minutes of Harrisburg (the state capitol), Millersburg seeks a versatile, highly-ethical leader who embraces a small school environment, and has the character and skills to design a system that provides a high-quality education for approx. 730 students (K-12). The district is looking for a leader with the following attributes:
- A student-focused educational leader who understands, and has experience with, curriculum design, instructional excellence, and the procurement/utilization of current technology;
- Ability to partner with the Board of School Directors to strategically plan and execute a focused set of goals for student achievement, readiness and success;
- Possesses persuasive oral and written communication skills;
- Maintains a visibility in the community and throughout the district;
- Displays an approachability that encourages engagement and relationship-building with staff, students, students, community, board and all other district stakeholders;
- Experienced in assessing and influencing climate and culture to address the social and emotional health of students and staff;
- Thoughtfully innovative and willing to explore various strategies to addressing district issues, including the rigorous use of data analytics to measure systemic performance;
- Understands, and has had some exposure to, construction and building projects; and,
- Demonstrates on ongoing commitment to personal and professional development.
How to Apply
The lead consultant is Tom Templeton, Founder and Creative Director for TEMPLETON Advantage, LLC. Candidates who email cover letter and resume to Mr. Templeton to start the process will receive instructions for submitting application, a PA letter of eligibility, required clearances and university transcripts. Deadline for consideration is January 31, 2022. Mr. Templeton can be reached at (717) 636-3238, or by email at email@example.com.
Please continue to visit this site for updates and reports!
The Millersburg Area Board of School Directors