Merger Feasibility Study Community Presentation - Millersburg Area High School Frequently Asked Questions
October 21, 2019
Merger Feasibility Study Community Presentation – Millersburg Area High School
Frequently Asked Questions Developed November 4, 2019
WILL MERGER OPTION 3 BE CONSIDERED?
The Pennsylvania Economy League (PEL) was contracted to research, analyze and recommend the most effective and efficient district configuration utilizing the existing school buildings in the Upper Dauphin Area and Millersburg Area school districts. PEL’s research concluded the Merger Option 3 – Grades Pre-K-8 Two Attendance Areas with Grades 9-12 Consolidated – was less efficient than Merger Option 5 due to the following factors:
- Student capacity – additional unused classrooms within the Pre-K-8 facilities.
- Required renovation to the current Millersburg Area Middle School to support grades Pre-K-5.
HOW MAY THE PUBLIC PARTICIPATE AT BOARD MEETINGS?
Millersburg Area School District Board Policy 903: Public Participation in Board Meetings governs public participation during board meetings. The information below is taken directly from Board Policy 903 with a link to the complete Policy for reference:
- The Board requires that public participants be residents or taxpayers of this district, any representative of a firm eligible to bid on materials or services solicited by the Board, any district employee or any district student.
- All individuals wishing to participate in a public Board meeting shall register their intent with the Board Secretary at least three (3) calendar days in advance of the meeting and shall include the name and address of the participant, topic to be addressed and group affiliation, if applicable. (The Board President is waving this provision for the public meeting on November 11, 2019).
- Each statement made by a participant shall be limited to three (3) minutes' duration.
- No participant may speak more than once on the same topic, but the Board, in its discretion, may authorize a participant to speak more than one once all others who wish to speak on that topic have been heard.