Fahrenheit 451 Final Exam Study Guide
Things You Should Know:
- What event is the climax of the story? Why is this the climax?
- What must Montag learn to do first before the climax of the story can occur? Why?
- What does Faber say must happen to society before there can be a “rebirth”? How does that relate to the symbol of the Phoenix?
- Which characteristics of Science Fiction does the novel follow? Why does Bradbury use the sci-fi genre?
- How is the society in Fahrenheit like a dystopia? What is the purpose of using a dystopian setting?
- How are Beatty and Faber alike?
- How are Beatty and Faber different?
- Why does Bradbury use the symbols of the "Sand and the Sieve" as his chapter title for Part 2? Why does he use the title “Burning Bright” for Part 3?
- What are the four things Faber says something must have in order for it to be as worthy as a book?
- What is the message Bradbury is trying to make about technology?
- What is the message Bradbury is trying to make about conformity?
- What is the message Bradbury is trying to make about censorship?
Literary Terms to Know:
Foil Imagery Symbolism Dystopia Metaphor
Last Modified on October 7, 2016