Test Taking Strategies
· Have a positive attitude. If you are feeling nervous take a few deep breaths.
· Read all directions carefully.
· Preview questions by reading all questions carefully.
· Find key words.
· Reread parts or sections that don’t make sense to you.
· Highlight, circle, or underline, key points.
· Write notes along the margins.
· Eliminate incorrect answers (process of elimination).
· Answer the easiest questions first. Skip the harder questions, and then go back and answer them.
· Take your time.
· Go back and check your work.